Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Strong Woman in the Workforce

When I initially set-up this blog, I wanted to talk about single mothers in the workforce, but I changed my mind. Today, I met a woman who was a single mom of four daughters for 21 years. She has truly inspired me with her strength and courage because she overcame her stuggles (not having enough food or money to provide for herself and her children). She is now in a position where she helps single moms. She is married (has been for 2 years) and is still a pillar of strength).

So, to all of you single mothers out there (or those who know someone who is a single mother and struggling) keep your head up high, find strength within yourself, and know that no matter what; your children are what matters.

Stay strong ladies and be that strong woman in the workforce.

No comments: